Gladstone Rotary Midday has many chapters and here’s how it unfolded:
- It all began when the Rotary Club of Rockhampton generously sponsored the first Rotary Club of Gladstone on September 14, 1950. Their support laid the foundation for Rotary’s presence in Gladstone, marking an important milestone.
- Prior to that, on August 5, 1950, the Rotary Club of Rockhampton extended its support by sponsoring the first Rotary Club of Monto. This demonstrated their dedication to expanding Rotary’s reach and impact in neighbouring communities.
- Inspired by the success of the Gladstone club, the Rotary Club of Gladstone, in turn, took on the role of a sponsor. On September 11, 1970, they sponsored the Rotary Club of South Gladstone, further strengthening Rotary’s footprint in the region.
- The growth and legacy continued as the Rotary Club of South Gladstone proudly sponsored the Rotary Club of Port Curtis on June 22, 1982. This sponsorship exemplified the spirit of collaboration and shared values within the Rotary family.
- Finally, on May 18, 1993, a new chapter began with the birth of the Rotary Club of Gladstone Midday. The Rotary Club of Port Curtis played a vital role as the sponsor, bringing together dedicated individuals committed to serving the community.
Through this interconnected chain of sponsorship, the Rotary Club of Gladstone Midday emerged, carrying the torch of service, fellowship, and community impact. It’s a testament to the enduring spirit of Rotary and the power of collective action. Together, we continue to create positive change and make a lasting difference in Gladstone and beyond.
The name Rotary Club of Gladstone Midday was selected as the meeting for our club are held every Wednesday at midday.